August 5, 2020
“I’d like a cheeseburger, please, large fries, and a Cosmopolitan!
– Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and The City
The Cosmopolitan rose to fame in the 1990s, thanks to one of the best TV shows ever, “Sex in the City”. It transformed the humble Cosmo into a trendy cocktail consumed by inner city, sassy ladies… usually in stilettos! Meow!
The Cosmo actually originated forever ago when some bloke called Neel Murray added a dash of cranberry juice to a Kamikaze. Whoever tasted it exclaimed “How Cosmopolitan!” and that’s how the drink got its name… a little dull right?
Anyway, it’s actually simple to make, however, to make a damn good Cosmo, you need damn good ingredients, so leave the Sky Vodka at below-average bars and reach for something special!
- 45 ml Vodka (Archie Rose, 23rd Street Distillery, Gery Goose, Belvedere)
- 15 ml Cointreau
- 20-45 ml Cranberry Juice
- 15 m Fresh Lime Juice
- Throw all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and add some ice then shake like mad!
- Double strain it into a chilled martini or coupe glass.
- Garnish with a flamed orange zest (slice off some orange peel, run it over a flame for 5-10 seconds), then immerse it into your cocktail. You can also garnish it with a plain orange peel if you wish.
- Sip, flirt, strut.